We are currently accepting applications for our Assistant Market Manager position. This is a part-time position from May through October of 2018. This is an excellent opportunity to spend time outside, meet new people and gain nonprofit management experience. We will begin reviewing applications April 16th.
The Assistant Market Manager assists with the day-to-day operations of the Neighborhood Roots farmers markets in order to serve its vendors, patrons, volunteers and sponsors. Neighborhood Roots oversees 3 community-based markets: Kingfield, Fulton and Nokomis. This is a seasonal, part-time position with an average of 22 – 30 total available hours per week during the market season. The number of hours is closest to 30 hours per week from mid-June to September.
Working hours include time before, during, and after the hours the markets are open to the public, as well as additional administrative time during the week. Saturday & Sunday availability (6:45am – 2:30pm) and Wednesday availability (2:30pm – 9:15pm) are required. Duties will consist of approximately 70% market-site staffing and 30% market administrative tasks. This position is compensated at $12.50 per hour.
- Oversee activities at the market information booth during market hours including: offering high quality customer service and conducting SNAP-EBT, credit card, & merchandise sales
- Assist in physical market set-up and tear-down
- Provide on-site support to all vendors, patrons, musicians, artists, master gardener volunteers, and other community activity providers as needed
- Perform accounting related to the EBT / credit card token system used at the markets and affiliated mini-markets. Assist with related paperwork and tracking
- Support preparation and execution of special and weekly events including but not limited to demos, music, and family-friendly activities
- Assist with market-day supervision of volunteers
- Create weekly e-newsletters, assist with the maintenance of other social media channels
- Ensure market supplies are kept well-stocked and organized
- Other reasonable duties as assigned to support the Market Director, Market Manager, and general market operations
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and provide high quality customer service
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Aptitude with numbers and basic counting, math skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Able to accomplish tasks with limited direct supervision
- Able to effectively work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must be able to routinely lift up to 50lbs
- Flexible schedule must include Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays during the market season (staff may take up to two weeks off during the market season)
- Cash-handling experience
- Interest in sustainable agriculture, food justice and local food policy
- Experience working with volunteers
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to our Executive Director, Emily Lund, at email@example.com
Share this listing with your networks and friends!
Follow this link for a PDF of this listing: Assistant Market Manager Job Description