We are now accepting applications for Market Day Staff for the 2020 outdoor season! This is a great opportunity for early risers who want to spend time outside, meet new people and support our local food system. Scroll down for the complete job description and link to the application form. Priority deadline is March 20th. Applications will be reviewed upon submission. Applications remain open until the position is filled.
Contact Emily with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Market Day Staff Job Description
Position: Market Day Staff for Fulton, Kingfield, & Nokomis Farmers Markets
Position Type: Seasonal/Part-time May through October
Reports to: Market Manager
Application Requirements: Submit application form on our website www.neighborhoodrootsmn.org/hiring_2020
Due: Priority deadline March 20th. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Start Date: Week of May 11th
Neighborhood Roots operates the Fulton, Kingfield, & Nokomis Farmers Markets in South Minneapolis. Our mission is to bring neighbors together to buy, eat, and learn about local food. We support local farmers, promote vibrant community and locally owned businesses, and affect important changes in food and agriculture policy.
Overview: Market Day Staff assists with the day-to-day operations of the Neighborhood Roots farmers markets in order to serve its vendors, patrons, volunteers and sponsors. Neighborhood Roots oversees 3 community-based markets: Fulton, Kingfield, & Nokomis. Market dates and hours are listed below:
Fulton Farmers Market
Saturdays 8:30am – 1pm
4901 Chowen Ave, Mpls
May 16th – October 24th
Kingfield Farmers Market
Sundays 8:30am – 1pm
4310 Nicollet Ave, Mpls
May 17th – October 25th
Nokomis Farmers Market
June 17th – Sept 30th
Wednesdays 4 – 8pm*
5167 Chicago Ave, Mpls
*closes 7:30pm in Sept
Shifts include time before, during, and after the hours the markets are open to the public. Saturday & Sunday shifts are 7am – 2:30pm. Wednesday shift is 2:30pm – 9pm. Shifts may end early, if volunteers are scheduled to help out. You can apply to one, two or all three markets. Clearly state your preference in your application.
This is an outdoor position. The markets are open rain or shine. This position is suited to people who want to wake up early, spend time outside and learn about our local food system.
– Assist in physical market set-up and tear-down
– Provide on-site support to all vendors, patrons, musicians, artists, master gardener volunteers, and other community activity providers as needed
– Conduct SNAP-EBT, credit card, & merchandise sales
– Assist with bookkeeping and data tracking
– Support execution of special and weekly events including but not limited to demos, music, and family-friendly activities
– Ensure market supplies are kept well-stocked and organized
– Other reasonable duties as assigned to support the Market Director, Market Manager, and general market operations
– Positive attitude
– Excellent customer service skills
– Ability to adjust to changing conditions and priorities
– Basic math skills
– Strong problem solving ability
– Able to accomplish tasks with limited direct supervision
– Able to effectively work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
– Must be able to routinely lift up to 50lbs
– Cash-handling experience
– Interest in sustainable agriculture, food justice and local food policy
– Experience working with volunteers
NEIGHBORHOOD ROOTS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit our vendors and customers. Women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people of color, and people from indigenous communities are strongly encouraged to apply.